July 13, 2016

True to my heart


"There’s no place like home”, and true to my heart, I’ve returned home to China to be near my family and the familiar Chinese way of life. But I bring with me a deep sense of gratitude for not only everything I learned those five years in the L.A. studio, but also for the opportunity Regina Rubino extended, for me to continue my work from the far reaches of China.

It’s as though it was meant to be all along. My foundation of five years in the studio fully acquainted me with the studio processes and methods as well as a deeper understanding of why. During this time, I also became familiar with our Asian clients, some of whom I am only now meeting. I have to confess, this is very exciting! One client said, “I know you! You’re the one who always calls me to push me!” It’s funny, after all this time, it’s as though we know each other like good friends.  

to be continued... ~ Ningning Lu