July 14, 2016

LA time and China time



The next step, beginning to talk to new clients for first time, was a little more daunting. Inevitably, the first question they ask is whether IMAGE: Global Vision is a Chinese Company doing business in the U.S. or a U.S. company doing business in China? Once they hear that we have an office in Beijing, they are more at ease. This ensures them that it will be easier to communicate, and that there’s someone in the office that they can talk to during the day. They sincerely appreciate that.

My focus is a bit different and far more challenging. When I was in California, it was incumbent on me to translate from the Chinese point of view and culture and to share with my American studio the Asian way of doing things. Now, I find myself helping our Asian clients to develop an better appreciation for IMAGE: Global Vision’s company structure, our background and the benefits of our processes.

Representing an American company with offices in Hong Kong and Beijing requires a great deal of time management. Communication with the team in Los Angeles, where there’s a 15-16 hour difference, means they are frequently working late, and I’m starting my day very early. I keep two clocks on my desk, L.A. time and; China time.

to be continued... ~ Ningning Lu