August 3, 2009

"There's a lot of trust here."


Gina Sabatella: photographer

Regina has mastered the art of making the difficult and complex look easy. A lot of these projects, like The Hotel Bel-Air, are high end. So a lot of planning, conceptualizing and effort go into them. Regina is very detail oriented and takes a lot of initiative and, of course, responsibility. Each time the work environment is highly creative and the project runs very smoothly. I've done some amazing jobs with Regina Rubino and Robert Louey. We always get great feedback from the clients because everything is so well done. I'm blessed.

We work as a team. My job, as I see it, is to execute their vision. They'll come to me with concepts and a vision. It's so important that I get a feel for what we're going for. It's not so much intellectual as it is sensual. I want to get the essence of their vision and then interpret it through the lens of my camera. That's how we collaborate.

They hire me specifically for what I can deliver. Within that they let me do my thing. They give me a lot of freedom. There's a lot of trust here. Another blessing.

Regina is such a lovely person. Great to work with. Easy to work with. She's so calming. Great people and organizational skills, and she is highly creative. When we're on site, there are so many things I know she's dealing with, yet everything goes so well. It's amazing to watch. The sense of confidence and calm and energy level is always there, though each project is of its own. Each is special. We get very connected. I enjoy a sense of family.