May 15, 2014

Coming Full Circle



The wheel of life brings us back to the place where we began and while I find myself circling back, I’m endeavoring for the greater Fibonacci-like spiral while taking in the familiar with new vision.  

This is New York City, my hometown. I’ve taken leave and joined the world for a lifetime of adventure, learning, teaching, and growth. Only to return again and again, each time with a different focus.

I was most fortunate this trip to be able to experience the city from an aesthetic standpoint rather than just hustling to meetings or being on press. This time my view extends far beyond the frame of the photograph, yet expanding within itself. I experienced this great metropolis, typically lauded for it’s grand scale, in the minutia of lighted pixels, chasing the light for beautiful images of the city, in company with our Parisian photographer, Patrick Messina.