December 1, 2011

"One generation plants the trees; another gets the shade." ~ Chinese proverb





I’ve enjoyed lasting friendships and business relationships in Asia for nearly 20 years. But as China and my opportunities there continued to grow, I realized I needed help analyzing outcomes and assessing risk, among other things. 

How lucky for me that an associate had a niece named Ning who was born in China but educated in America and happened to be looking for employment. Her background in actuarial concepts was intriguing, and her inquisitive personality was refreshing. 

Ning has been a trusted member of our studio for almost two years now and her contribution cannot be underestimated. Experience often wins over youth in a competitive job market. But I feel lucky to have Ning’s young, perceptive ideas and instincts to call upon. After all, in less than a decade her generation will be the business owners, innovators and consumers we’ll be hoping to partner with. 

It is through her eyes that we can see the future unfolding.



Please read her post "An Actuarial Journey: From Statistics to Style"


Photo of tree taken at Amanfayun, Hangzhou, China, August 2011